I was planning to get back on it during summer and then it turned out that work took up all of my time instead.
In the time between work and uni I've started working on it again. Hopefully I can carve some time out of the evenings to keep working on it.
I've spent the last two days setting up interfaces through Direct Show, filters as they like to call them. A client is now able to load two different tracks on different sound cards on the server PC. Incidentally last year I didn't even have two sound cards, I got my second sound card just before this summer. Without that I wouldn't have been able to add the functionality.
I came online all excited about putting up a new build but as I started typing I realised, the sound cards used are currently hard coded. In addition the music directory in the build I posted a year ago is hard coded too, so unless you set up the directory structure to match mines, the program wouldn't have done anything useful at all.
As a result I'm going to be spending the next two days setting up the config files to read out properly.
As soon as I've done this the new build will go live!